Saturday 9 November 2013

Heat Press Prints

It's been so long but I'm finally writing another post!! I have been so busy with my work but I would like to share some that I have been producing. I am currently working on my portfolio for University so some of this work may end up in there. I created these prints using berries on a heat press and then stitched into them. I think that the results were very interesting so I stitched into the shapes to add a new layer to it. I am very happy with the results as I think that a very interesting surface pattern was created. I used this in Textiles but added handmade paper and various other papers to it. I think that the bottom image looks a bit like mould which I think is very interesting. I used similar coloured threads to the prints so that it would stand out but also fit into the pattern.





No comments:

Post a Comment