Friday 15 November 2013

Collars and Shirts

For this textile project, I am looking at garments and turning them 'inside out'. Cutting away all the fabric to leave only the seams behind. I have only just started so I have a few different starting points that I would like to try but that will come with development and sampling of ideas. I am going to be looking at decay and wearing away, so my garments will start off as a whole and gradually be left with only the collar. It will seem clearer with images. I am going to be using the heat gun as this really makes fabrics looks different and individual but also gives them a great textural effect. I am using wire hangers to hang my garments as I think that this works best for my style of shirts but also the textured effect from the fabric being burnt and melted down. Eventually when I am finished I will be taking my finished garments to a location to shoot them with a textured background. These skeletal structures will really work with old, peeling paint or something similar in the background. Also for part two of the project I will be using all the fabric that I cut away to use in experimentation and to bring the 'outside in'. I am very much looking forward to this project as I think it can be pursued in many different and exciting ways. This is only my starting point but it will be progressed a lot further. 

Before
After








No comments:

Post a Comment