Saturday 9 November 2013

Fashion Garment

From the prints that I produced in Textiles, I made a fashion garment using paper. I scrunched, folded and pleated the paper so that the surface was very textural and interesting. 



I produced separate pieces from the prints and then stitched them all together using the sewing machine. I think that the finished garment looked very textural. I kept all the threads loose as I think that this looked very interesting. Here are some interesting images of the back of the piece. I actually prefer the back of my garment to the front as I think the back looks more interesting and effective with the many threads hanging down. 



I produced a collared piece for my final garment. I created the collar from cardboard and the rest of the piece from paper like the samples above. I stitched all the separate pieces together. I made some with hand stitch and some on the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment