Saturday 1 February 2014

Print Experimentation

On my last post, I said that this post was going to be my print experimentation... so here it is! I produced some heat press prints in an earlier post using berries and other natural dyes and I really liked the effect of it so I thought that I would use the same technique but using different produce. I used handmade paper, flowers, berries, plums, apricots and onions to create these. Also I added a hand knitted sample in to one of the prints and thought that this brought together the print and knit rather than them being separate disciplines. I wanted the colours to look quite earthy and brown so I kept putting the same prints back in to the heat press so that the fruit burnt almost and gave me the colour that I was looking for. 







The smaller prints that I produced, I will be stitching in to them with either blue or grey thread so that the colours compliment the knit samples that I did. I will be mounting the smaller ones after I've stitched in to them on to white card just like in the top image. 

The next post will be my embroidery samples...

No comments:

Post a Comment