Saturday 1 February 2014

Embroidery Experimentation

As I'm on a role with my posts today I thought that I may as well show my embroidery samples as well! I do love the whole Textiles subject but my favourite discipline has to be embroidery. I used different techniques for these embroidery samples, but along with everything else that I do they could be developed further yet. I used hessian, lace, wool,netting and water soluble fabric to produce these samples. I was inspired by surface texture so I used french knots and wool to create a three dimensional feel to the samples. 








I added felt fibres to add colour but also to add another material to produce a textured surface. I used water soluble fabric as it dissolves to leave only the stitching behind and I really like the effect of this. I also finished off the hessian samples by using a soldering iron to burn holes through the fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment