Saturday 30 March 2013

Work In Progress

In an earlier post, I said that I would add images of my current sketchbook work, but as it's still a work in progress the pages in my sketchbook aren't finished and there will be many more added but I wanted to post some images of what I'm working on at the moment. As it's a joint Fashion/Textiles project, I have used the samples that I worked on in Textiles and produced them to make a Fashion illustration, which is what I'm working on now. 
These are wheel and cog samples that I produced as a starting point.

I started out at a very different point than I finished with as you will see in my later post in the next few weeks. As it's a mechanical theme, I started stitching wheels and cog shapes. I then looked at various artists and came to the conclusion that I wanted to produce different circle designs as I got the inspiration from cogs and wheels. My colour palette for the project is blue, grey and black as when I found primary research at Gladstone Pottery Museum, a lot of the machinery was blue so I thought that I could incorporate it in to my project with the metal colours.



I looked at Ingrid Van Den Brand's work to inspire me.
This was the turning point for me as I looked at Michelle Moode's work and decided to create circles instead of cogs and wheels as I thought my project could become more diverse.

These are the samples that I produced using wax . 

Unfinished Versace artist reference, which links to my theme of circle designs as this collection featured circle designs on them. 

Fashion illustration which I started with but decided to move away from as the project developed as it didn't fit in with my other fashion illustrations. 

Unfinished Anna Duthie artist reference. 




No comments:

Post a Comment