Friday 29 March 2013

Textiles/Fashion project at the moment

At the moment, I'm working on a Fashion/Textiles project to do with mechanical forms. All the projects that I'm working on are based on machinery as that's the theme at the moment. In this post, I will be showing some work that I've produced for this project but as it's still on-going I will be adding some new posts later on in the next few weeks with the finished outcomes hopefully. In the following images, this is what I'm working on at the moment but when the project's finished I will add sketchbook and sheet work images. 
I used water soluble film to create this, I used black and blue cotton and used wool for felting, and string to make it more interesting.
This one was created with blue cotton, string and photocopies of my other samples which will appear in another blog post. 
This is a close up image of the detail. 
This was created with photocopies, blue and black cotton string and wool. 
I experimented with water soluble film and fabric to see what worked best. I found inspiration at the NEC Embroidery, Fashion and Stitch Show, where I spoke to Karen Casper tulleandcandyfloss.blogspot.com whose work is amazing. 



I really like the effect of this and when I add them to my sketchbook I may add the images on to a post if they look okay once everything has been put together. Here are some images where I've added my sample on to a manikin, I will be producing some fashion illustrations with photocopies of my samples and my real samples will be included. 





No comments:

Post a Comment