Thursday 28 March 2013

Mechanical Inspired Necklace

I created this necklace for 3D Design using cable ties, fabric, cogs, nails and the heat gun. I tied cable ties together in different ways and attached fabric by threading it through the cable ties. I then used the heat gun to melt the cable ties and burn the fabric to change the colour and the overall look of the piece. When the structure of the necklace had been created, I stitched cogs, added nails, and attached variations of wool to make the necklace look prettier. 
I used fabric to act as the chain of the necklace.
I then tied a bow with the fabric to make it more interesting.
This is a close up version of the cable ties with cogs, nails and fabric added to it.
As I finished adding all the cogs, nails etc on to the cable ties, I used the same fabric as I used for the chain and added it in small pieces and tied it to the cable ties to make it more interesting and pretty.

Here are some images of the samples that I produced before I made the final design. 





Also, I produced final sheets to present my work and my images which are included in the next images. 




2 comments:

  1. love the work! who were your artistic inspirations in creating these pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I have only just seen this. Thank you! For this piece I didn't really have many researched artists as I sampled a lot to find what worked best for me :)

    ReplyDelete